Feedback and grievance policy
Protocol to inform Pure North of feedback, concern, or complaint
Pure North can be notified in the following way:
- Complainants can come into the office and request a meeting.
- Complainants can call at (+354)4835100 and request a meeting.
- Complainants can send an email to [email protected].
- Complainants can send a message through the Pure North website.
Nature of the feedback, concern, or complaint
Pure North will address any feedbacks, concerns, and complaints which relates to:
- Negative social, economic or environmental impact, or potential to cause such impact.
- Any event linked to Pure North, past or potential, which may cause a negative impact.
- Any incident which has caused harm to an employee or stakeholder.
- Any complaint against a co-worker or stakeholder.
- Any concern related to bullying.
Pure North protocol to review any feedbacks, concerns, and complaints is the following:
1. Acknowledgement of the feedback, concern, or complaint. All complaints are compiled into the Pure North online server. The complaint must be detailed, including the complainant's contact details, date of the complaint, reason of the complaint, and if the complainant wishes to remain anonymous or not.
2. Review of the feedback, concern, or complaint. At this point, Pure North may contact the complainant for further information, as well as stakeholders or employees for corroboration.
3. Investigation of the feedback, concern, or complaint. At this point, Pure North may contact the complainant for follow-up questions. Pure North may contact other stakeholders linked to the complaint. Pure North may request external help to investigate all parties involved. When the complaint is brought up by a stakeholder, a meeting will be planned with both parties present to discuss the issue.
4. Discussion with the complainant. Pure North will discuss the issue with the complainant, as well as establish the findings from the investigation. A proposition for resolution will be offered and discussed with the complainant.
5. Resolution. If the proposed resolution is accepted by the complainant, Pure North will move forward with its plan. When the complaint is brought up by a stakeholder, a second meeting will be planned to discuss the terms of the resolution.
6. Mediation. If the complainant does not agree with the proposed resolution, Pure North will offer mediation to resolve the issue. While mediation may be attempted internally, a third-party may be more adequate for certain cases. Mediation will follow the procedure describe below:
- Revision of proposed resolution by Pure North
- If the complainant refuses any resolution proposed by the company, Pure North may refer to an external mediator to find a resolution.
- If the complainant refuses resolution after a third party was involved, Pure North may close the complaint.
- In case of sensitive issues, Pure North may defer the case to the appropriate authorities.
When the complaint is brought up by a stakeholder, and the resolution is not accepted, a third party must be present in the following meetings for better mediation.
Transparency and integrity
Pure North will always promote transparency as the best policy, both in its business strategy and for its employees. When a feedback, complaint, or concern is raised, Pure North will do its best to resolve the issue, keeping its employee’s best interests at heart. This includes their right to privacy, and how to keep the complainant confidentiality when needed. Records of complaints will be indefinitely kept in our online servers.